GuildStats.NET API is currently built again 126.96.36.199 and above
There is now a built in API to allow you to create your own plugins and extend GuildStats.NET in the way you would like. The advantage of writing plugins instead of writing your own parser is off course you dont have to write a parser you get to features you want instead of wasting time reinventing the wheel.
To help you get started several plugins have been released that are open sourced and under the public domain license so you can use them as a example but your NOT required to make your plugin open source.
Plugin authors must follow these simple and commen sense rules ( Or GuildStats.NET will ban your plugin )
No spyware, malware,bundle ware
- You are allowd to request donations or have your plugin be ad supported, but you cannot annoy users.
You are allowd to create ad supported plugins, but this requires that the ads displayed are known by the end user as ads( Be aware that you are responsible for the ads displayed ).
Plugins are NOT allowed to write to the filesystem or network without permission for GuildStats.NET
- GuildStats.NET provides a API to write to a spesial plugins folder
GuildStats.NET provides a API to write to the AoC scripts folder
GuildStats.NET Plugins may not do anything that violates the ToS of the games they support.
This is how to get started creating plugins:
- Download the GuildStats.NET Example plugins to get the API.
- Download Visual Studio Express (Its Free) or use some other IDE if you prefere
- Extract the ConanStats Example plugins .zip file to a folder of your of your choice.
Setting up Visual Studio
- Open up the Solution by clicking on the ConanStats Plugins.sln file.
- Make sure Visual Studio is setup to compile in Debug mode ( This is standard )
- Right click on the project you want to work from ( Like Warnings plugin ) and select properties
- Now go to the Build Tab, and select Output path to the Conan Stats plugins folder ( Example would be: C:\Program Files\Conan Stats )
- Now go to the Debug tab, and select Start external program to the Conan Stats plugins folder ( Example would be: C:\Program Files\Conan Stats )
- Right click on the project you want to work from ( Like Warnings plugin ) and select Set as startup project
If your using Visual Studio Express this way is not posible, but a workaround has been posted in the here
The settings we changed in the project will make Visual Studio start up Conan Stats and load your plugin when your testing your plugin.
When your testing your plugin, there is a option called Debug in the Settings tab, where you have the option Parse log&sync with plugins this means we are parsing the log file your provided and then feeding it to the plugins ( In effect emulating real time parsing).
When you want to share your work
Il gladly host it on this website of you so desire, or perhaps we can make a deal with Curse and they can host the plugins.
If you have any issues or questions
The following options: Post in the GuildStats.NET forums ( The reason i prefere forums instead of directly is so we can build a list of questions to help other new developers)